Sign up for a free demo and save manual work with part time holiday entitlement calculation.
Employees can request leave, see approved leave and view their annual leave balance from the mobile app.
View a calendar of all absences, with custom user rights.
Automate your processes, such as calculating accrued annual leave or reporting overtime.
Allow your workers to clock in on the go. Provide flexibility for employees to clock time from anywhere anytime.
Check our absence planning guidelines & resources to help you set it up
A holiday entitlement calculator is any tool that can be used for the purpose of working out the holiday entitlement of an employee. Often a holiday entitlement calculator will take the form of a piece of software that can be accessed online or downloaded to a PC. Users are prompted to answer a few basic questions about the hours they work and the software will then work out how much leave they should receive.
In simple terms, nearly all workers, except those who are self-employed, have an entitlement to 5.6 weeks’ paid holiday per year. The government sets this entitlement out in the Working Time Regulations 1998.
For a full-time employee who works 5 days a week, 5.6 weeks should equate to 28 days’ leave. This entitlement will often include statutory days like bank and public holidays.
Holiday pay is pay an employee receives whilst on leave from their job. It is generally given so that staff can take holidays or complete various out of work tasks. An employee should receive the same amount of pay while taking a paid holiday as they would if they were at work.
This can depend on the number of hours you work and the type of contract you have. You should receive the same amount of pay whilst on leave as you would if you work. This is a statutory requirement set out in law. How an employee calculates this can differ based on the type of hours you work and the contract you have with them. This is especially true if you work irregular hours or shift patterns.
The questions you may be asked when using a holiday entitlement calculator will vary from software to software. Most, however, will follow a similar path and ask for the following basic information:
1. The number of hours worked. This may be weekly, monthly or yearly. Some may allow you to give it in a variety of different formats at the users’ discretion. This can be a difficult question to answer, especially if you are a shift worker or work irregular hours.
2. Shift patterns. Some holiday calculators may be able to help you work out the number of hours you work by asking for details of your shift patterns. The software will then calculate the number of hours you work from this information.
3. Any overtime or predicted overtime. As overtime hours are also used for holiday calculations, the holiday entitlement calculation tool may ask for this information.
There are many benefits to using a holiday entitlement calculator. These include:
1. Quick calculations with little effort from the user. Any good holiday entitlement calculator tool will work fast and efficiently when calculating annual leave. By asking a series of streamlined questions they take the effort out of holiday calculations and will automatically work out entitlement from a small amount of data.
2. Accurate responses with less errors. A good holiday entitlement calculator will include all the formulas and calculations that keep responses accurate and error-free. And while this is all done behind the scenes, the software will ensure that calculations are accurate. This can lead to fewer errors when compared to manual methods of calculations.
3. Easy to use. Most holiday entitlement calculator software tools are incredibly easy to use and guide users through the process of working out leave. Questions are often simple and concise with easy-to-understand text.
Whether online, via app or mobile, Papershift will collect all of your logged times and store them in one place.
Sign up for a free demo and save manual work with employee wage calculation.
14 days Free Trial also available.
Read more about:Staff Leave Planner, Payroll, Staff Time Tracking, Time tracking App