Trying to find good employees at all levels of a business, can often feel like looking for a tiny needle in a rather large haystack. With so many platforms to use and so many ways to advertise roles, getting the right hires in the right roles is often a thankless task.
In the modern workplace multiposting has come to the forefront to help promote job vacancies and adverts across all the major recruitment avenues.
But what is multiposting and how can it be employed effectively? In this guide we aim to answer these questions and many more.
What is multiposting?
Multiposting in recruiting means publishing a job vacancy to multiple job boards at once, often with just one click of the mouse. This type of job post distribution generally works through a multiposting tool or software that automatically allows employers to post vacancies on multiple job boards in one go.
What are the benefits of multiposting over single posting?
When you want to promote a job ad (whether through a free job posting or paid job posting), you traditionally create an account on a job platform of your choice to post your ad there. This is referred to as a single posting because you post your job to a single platform only.
If you want to post the same (or another) job ad to a different job board, you need to create another account for the respective platform and post your job there. This way you are in effect manually posting your job vacancy to multiple platforms. This can be time-consuming and quickly become difficult and confusing to manage.
Is multiposting free?
This depends on the job boards used, your desired reach, and the specific job posting tool that you decide to use. Multiposting job ads can be both free and paid.
Often you may be able to use free job posting tools to multipost openings to many job boards. Tools like LinkedIn and Google for Jobs offer free posting alongside their premium offering. However, you might still have to pay to use the multiposting software of your choice to do the actual vacancy posting.
Luckily, there are some completely free multiposting tools available that allow you to place your job ad on multiple free platforms, completely free of charge.
Advantages of posting to multiple job boards?
There are a lot of benefits to posting job ads to multiple job boards at once. Let’s look at why you should consider using several job platforms in the first place.
- By posting on several job boards, your job adverts will reach a much wider audience. Not every candidate is looking for a job on the same job boards. For example, a Graphic Designer might be browsing one type of job board, while a Content Marketing Manager might be looking on a completely different one.
- The further reach you get from using multiple job boards means you can expect more applications, improving the chances of finding the right candidate fast. This helps to save time and costs when hiring the right employee.
- Using multiple job boards at once also means you can easily compare performance between different platforms and see which provides the best options for your business. This way, you can save money and reduce the cost per hire value.
Advantages of using a multiposting tool?
As mentioned previously, manual multiposting can be time and resource consuming as well as confusing and difficult to manage. For example, you may end up with a bunch of login details for different channels that you have to keep monitoring to see if any potential employees have responded to your adverts. You’ll also have applications coming in through all these different platforms, making it difficult to keep track of all your candidates.
Automated multiposting solves this problem by allowing employers to post jobs to multiple job boards at once. This can help to speed up the process of recruitment.
Here are a few other benefits of using multiposting software:
- By using a multiposting tool, you need only one login, you only have to build your job ad once, and you can post it to several boards with just one click. This saves a lot of time and hassle.
- Because everything is centralised in one place, you receive all job applications in the same tool and inbox. This means you no longer have to check for new applications on each individual job board.
- Some multiposting tools will provide you with an easy overview of dozens (if not hundreds) of platforms to post your ads to. This means you can learn about different platforms and find out which one best fits your hiring needs.
- Multiposting software often gives job board recommendations tailored to your business. This allows you to make better informed ad placement decisions, helping you hire better, faster, and more efficiently.
- Multiposting tools often partner with job boards, allowing you to benefit from special discounts on job ad slots that you normally wouldn’t be able to negotiate yourself.
How do I choose the right multiposting tool for my business?
There are dozens of multiposting tools available, each with their own benefits and unique features. Some might be dedicated applicant tracking systems, while others might be broader and offer a full HR solution.
Although the latter will offer the most features, these tools can often come at a hefty price, which may be difficult to justify, especially if you run a small or medium-sized business.
If you are a small or medium sized business owner, a dedicated ATS might be a better solution due to the cheaper cost and more focussed functionality.
Multiposting can streamline the recruitment process for many small and medium-sized businesses and we hope, with a little help from this guide, you now understand its many benefits better.
For more useful workplace guides, check out the rest of our website.