Whenever tasks and situations need scheduling, the process can become complicated fast. Juggling tasks, staff, time, and resources effectively can quickly descend into a nightmare. Whatever the scheduling reason, rostering software can be a timesaving godsend that allows you to allocate important or mundane tasks with ease.
In this article, we will discuss what rostering software is, why you need it, and the benefits of using it. Let’s begin with the basics.
What is rostering software?
Rostering software is a type of computer application that allows you to set up and manage schedules with ease. A good rota software solution will automate many of the tasks of scheduling while allowing users to amend timetables easily.
Is rostering software difficult to use?
Rostering software is incredibly easy to use and setting it up is simple. To create a task all you need to do is pick a day or date, a name for the task, and the person responsible for it. The app will hold these details in a semi-permanent nature, allowing for easy editing.
If the task repeats, this can be specified when setting up the task. This can help save time by auto-populating future schedules.
Is rostering software free?
It can be. You will find both free and paid rota software applications available on the market. Free versions generally have limitations in scope and may offer a cut-back feature set. Paid ones can be expensive and some incur a monthly subscription fee.
How good is rostering system?
That depends on the application you use. There are many types of rostering software out there. The one you choose will depend on your needs. Our advice is to always do a bit of homework before plumping for a solution. This way you will know if it is the right one for you.
The advantages of using a roster system for scheduling.
Here’s are a few advantages to using roster software for your scheduling needs:
- You can divide tasks with ease. Rostering software makes the dividing of tasks easy.
- You can set time scales for completion. Each task (or task part) can be set an individual time frame for completion.
- You can allocate tasks to individuals. Rostering software allows you to allocate tasks to individuals. They will then be able to see what they have to do and when they have to do it.
- Everybody is on the same page. Good roster software will allow all stakeholders to see the schedule whenever they need to. This allows them to see what they are doing and when.
- Scheduling changes are easy to manage. If you need to re-allocate a task or change its due date, this can be done easily. The software will push the changes out for everyone to see.
- Managers can see staff metrics. If you use rostering software in the workplace, then seeing data about staff may be important. Good rostering software will allow managers to see things like how many hours a staff member has worked, etc.
To make rostering simple and fun, try Papershift’s e-rostering system free for 14 days.