Creating and managing a leave planner that works for both your business, your customers, and your staff is never a simple task. Making sure staff can book and manage holidays while ensuring you meet the needs of your business can be difficult.
But there is a way to make the task easier by using a staff absence planner. In this article, we will discuss what a leave planner is and how it works. Let’s begin.
What is a leave planner?
It is a tool that helps businesses track employee leave and absences. A good system will allow employees to book leave and manage absences. It will also allow managers to analyze leave data and set leave quotas.
Absence tracking systems come in a variety of forms. The one you use will depend on the size and type of business. Larger businesses will have the budget to facilitate a fully featured HR system with an integrated leave management system. Smaller businesses may rely on cheaper alternatives, like spreadsheet software or even a paper-based system.
Why is it useful and necessary for businesses?
There are many reasons to implement a staff absence planner solution, including:
- A touchstone for staff, managers, and HR teams: A good absence planner will offer a one-stop source for absence and leave management. Employees will use it to book leave and see how much entitlement they have left. Managers/HR teams will be able to manage the number of absences at any given time.
- Data can be managed more efficiently: Using a leave planner will make it easier to manage leave data. Leave allowance will be accessible by all, and analysis easier to perform.
- Increased leave management efficiency: A central system for planning leave makes the entire leave planning process easier to manage. Allowances will be easier to amend and quotas easier to tweak.
- Easy project planning: Project managers will find it easier to consider future leave requirements.
Leave planner app
It is a purpose-built piece of software for managing leave. It will include a way for employees to manage their own leave requests. Through this, they can add new leave requests and cancel ones already booked.
It will also facilitate a way for management and HR teams to analyze leave data and see how many people are on leave at any given time.
Leave planner software can be online-based and accessible via the cloud. The major benefit of online software is that all staff members can access it from anywhere.
Staff absence planner
A staff absence planner is a piece of software accessible by employees. Through this they can:
- Request annual leave
- Request special leave requests
- See how many leave hours they have remaining
- Cancel leave requests
Annual leave planner
An annual vacation planner is a piece of software that allows employees to book annual leave. All employees have a specific number of annual holiday days. An annual absence planner allows them to manage and book these days.
It also allows HR teams and managers to:
- Set specific quotas for leave
- See how many hours are booked for each day
- Plan future annual leave priorities for the business
- Clock in and out from browser
- Time tracking via Phone & Tablet app
- View & approve time records online
- Export timesheets to payroll
- View & approve staff vacation requests
- Overview of employee availability & absences
Photo on Unsplash