- November 10, 2020
- 4 minuten
Papershift’s COVID response was helped thanks to our ‘Digital DNA’.
At Papershift, we promote digital tools and digital communication practices for ourselves and customers alike. We constantly try to be the best examples for ourselves. This internal practice allowed us the comfort to shift to remote work for all employees within one evening.
Proudly, we are an ‘Employee first‘ organization. It’s part of Papershift core value. We take the utmost care for their well-being. Employee care was and is at the core of our COVID response. Eventually, our employees provide the best care needed to our customers.
COVID Support & Care for our Team / Employees
- 100% default remote work to all and restricted business travel for employees.
- Even new hires from across the world were asked to start on remote work.
- Imposed workplace-infection control & sanitization practices for employees who preferred to come back to work voluntarily.
- Implemented workplace shift application and approval method to restrict too many voluntary employees back to work. 80% still do remote work.
- Identified new challenges faced by businesses. We addressed the need from several companies to have a cap on maximum employees working in a physical room/office. Offered instant solution with our workforce management product.
- Executed a feedback system for any employee to report unsafe working conditions, if any.
- iPad time-stamping devices removed from the workplace and replaced it with a digital method with our own software. We also used our API to integrate to Slack to allow remote employees to stamp time from anywhere.
- Set-up virtual meeting rooms for employees to hang out with colleagues for lunch hours or casual discussions.
Undoubtedly, tools like Slack, Asana, Notion, GitHub, and Intercom, etc., allowed us to continue business without disruption. Additionally, we thank our employees for their quick adoption of such tools and practices.
Moreover, we continue to hire and grow our team. In fact, we have doubled our team size in the last 8 months. Our digital mindset has helped onboard employees even remotely.
COVID Support & Care for our Customers
- 50% off for eligible non-profit organizations were offered. German Red Cross – DRK Landesverband Rheinland-Pfalz is one such beneficiary.
- Between the months of April and June 2020, we offered up to 75% discount for our shift planning and time tracking products. It helped our customers adopt digital tools and protect their employees.
- We recognized the demand from our customers for our advanced reports tool – ‘Insights‘. The tool helps our customers make business decisions based on accurate numbers. Especially useful during this pandemic. We made this tool free for all customers for 3 months.
- Additionally, our COVID response included support for short-time work. We helped set-up everything for our customers to support their employees with short-work.
Undeniably, we continue to join our hands with the global community in fighting this pandemic together. we will continue to leave no stone unturned to ensure the safety and well-being of all our employees, their families, and our customers.